Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Vicious Cycle!

So Kadence is teething and yesterday she had all the effects:
  • slight fever
  • runny nose
  • fussy
  • clingy
  • increased nursing
  • interrupted sleep
  • slobbering(which she has been doing for while)
  • and chewing on everything
Last night was a bit trying...Kadence was so unhappy and I couldnt do anything to help her really. I gave her some tynelol and oragel but she was just feeling miserable. So Kadence hates the nose sucker more than anything. When she sees it coming at her she throws her head from side to side and pushes my hand away. It makes it difficult but it has to be done.
 Poor Kadence she is having the hardest time breathing because of her running nose. Before we went to bed I went and cleared her nose. We went to bed but when she has a stuffy nose I dont sleep cause I just stay up and listen to her breathe to make sure shes ok. Her nose was almost stuffed up so at 1am I went and sucked everything out and of course it woke her up. So we went and watched TV for an hour then went back to bed. Every hour or so Kadence would wake up because she couldnt breathe with her pacifier in her mouth. So sleeping and eating have been difficult for awhile. Its hard when you cant breathe. So the vicious cycle began early this morning. I start to clear her nose and she was crying which made more snot. So no matter how long I tried I could never get it all. It never ends! Shes exhausted from not sleeping which makes her really needing and fussy. Does the snot ever end?! Today is going to be an adventure. I just hope it ends soon. It hurts my heart to see Kadence not feeling well:(

No comments:

Post a Comment