Monday, December 20, 2010

Weaning

So its been two weeks since I started weaning Kadence and I have to say that it is a success. At first it was hard for her but she is a trooper. Before Kadence would eat whenever she wanted and I was perfectly ok with that. Once I started to wean I cut her down to three feedings a day. One in the morning, one before her nap, and one at night. In the beginning she would try to rip off my shirt to get some but then I found a formula that saved my life! Enfagrow, toddler vanilla flovored formula and she loves it! She cant get enough. She used to get excited to nurse now she gets really excited when I start to make her a bottle. I feel lucky that she has weaned to well. Last week i cut her down to 1 feeding a day, sometimes two when I cave. Its been two weeks and Kadence sometimes doesnt nurse at all. My milk is almost gone and I had no problems with overflow or leaking.
The only bad thing that has come from this is that she doesnt sleep well at night anymore. Usually when she would wake up I would nurse her and she would fall back to sleep. I did that for a few nights but then she got smart. She knew that if she would cry then I would feed her so she started to cry alot in hopes that I would feed her. It got to the point where it felt like I was weaning anymore so I stopped night feedings all together. She wakes up multiple times a night and unexpectedly cries. I hate to hear her cry but I feel its time for her to wean. The good things is, is that I put her binky back into her mouth and she falls right back to sleep.
I feel very blessed that my baby has done so well. Im hoping by the new year that she will be cut off completely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment