Friday, May 11, 2012

Catch up

It has been awhile since I have posted anything. So I decided while I am up at 1 a.m. with a 2-year-old who just threw up, id take time to do a little update.

Since I last posted Summer has grown so much. So has gone from a little baby to scooting around and her newest thing, saying "dada" and "mama". The other day she went being on her belly to sitting up all by herself. I have never shown her how to do that so that tells me how smart she is. At her last dr. appt. she weighed 16 lbs and 13 oz. I cant believe she is growing so fast. She is already fitting into 12 month clothes. The one thing about babies I hate so much is how fast they grow. I really just want her to slow down a bit. I keep telling her to stop until Seth gets home, but she doesnt listen to me. What kid listens to their mom right? Summer is such a smiley baby and oh boy is she vocal. She literally doesnt stop talking unless she is sleeping. Her squeals are so high pitched that it rattles your ear drums. Oh how I love her.

Kadence is so much fun. She is like a little parrot. She copies everything and runs around all day long. I have to take her to the park everyday just to help her get some energy out. Uncle Dylan taught her how to say "Silence, I kill you", from the comedian Jeff Dunham. Its pretty hilarious to listen to. Well Kadence still hasnt crossed over the 30 lb mark. She is so thin. I evny that so bad. Oh to be that young and not have to worry about what your eating or working out. A few weeks ago, at a wedding reception, Kadence ran into a glass door and chipped a tooth. I took her to the dentist and we got some pretty awful news. It looks like Kadence is going to have to get oral surgery. She needs to get 3 teeth crowned and 4 more sealed. I didnt even know a two-year-old could have such awful teeth. I brush her teeth every night but it didnt matter. She got my bad teeth and I got them from my dad. Stupid genetics. But now we have to get her teeth fixed in the next 6 months or they will get infected. Looks like im going to have to be more careful with Summer. Kadence is such a joy in my life. She is so funny and full of life. Growing up I always wanted boys, but now that I have my girls, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Well there is nothing really new with me. Just trying to lose weight before Seth gets home. I bought a double stroller for 50 bucks at a garage sale and I am in love with it. I love being able to run with the girls. Seth come home in 2 1/2 months. This stupid thing is almost over. I cant wait until he is back. This single parent thing is not fun. I wouldnt wish it upon anyone. It breaks my heart having to explain to the girls why their daddy isnt home. He misses them so much. I am so thankful that we are able to skype everyday. It helps so much with the distance. Im so thankful for all of the technology. It saves my life. 75ish days and he will be home for good.

We went to St. George for Easter. It was a blast. All of the Russell kids were there and it was so much fun to spend 3 days of just playing. Being able to celebrate Cassies birthday and Easter. Kadence and Noah literally played with eachother until they dropped. They would cry for eachother when it was bedtime and they would find eachother first thing in the morning. It was so cute. It was probably the best weekend I have had in the last year. We all loved it. Kadence and Summer did so well on the plane. Never cried and were just so mellow. I am pretty lucky. Mamma (Kim) made all of the kids matching outfits. So cute!
This is as good as we could get:)

Seth and I signed up for a tough mudder in September. We are so excited to do it. 11 miles, 28 obstacles. I think it is going to be so much fun. Its so much easier to workout when I have something to train for. We have some fun things planned for when Seth gets home. We are going to go deep sea fishing in August, the tough mudder and Disneyland in September and Hunting int October. We are so excited for our LA trip. We are going to go to Disneyland for 3 days, go to SeaWorld (we get in free because Seth is military, awesome!), Zoo and of course the beach. It is going to be an epic trip. We cant wait. 

Well I think we are all caught up. 2 1/2 months and our family will be whole again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment