Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Seths Leave

So Seth came home for his R&R (rest and relaxation) and let me tell you it was blissful. It was so nice to have him home. I missed him so much. We decided since he was going to be home for only two weeks that we would make the best of it. I love being with him. First, with having to do every little thing with two kids by myself, just having him home so I could go do the laundry was wonderful. Going to the store was a breeze with two of us. We didnt do to much. Just hung out with eachother and eat as much junk food as we could.
Kadence loved having him home. It was like she was on crack the whole time. She never slowed down and all she wanted to do was play with him. It was a nightmare trying to get her to sleep cause all she wanted to do was play with daddy. She is such a daddys girl and him being gone is so hard on her. Summer loved Seth home as well. Shes not old enough to know it was her dad or to know its not right that hes gone, but she was so comfortable with him and loved being with him.
While he was home we did a party for Kadence. Our little girl is already two! She is getting to big! We went and visited Seths grandma so she could meet the newest member of our family. Seth taught me how to shoot his gun so in an emergency I could protect my kids if I needed to (I seriously doubt I will have to use the gun ever but its better to be safe than sorry). The best part was, was that I out-shot Seth! It was my first time shooting and I out-shot my cop/military husband. He was so proud! Not gonna lie I was pretty excited about it to. I say it was beginngers luck. Lastly, the day before he left, Seth and I went on a date day. We went to lunch, did some shopping and saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was an amazing day.
I miss him now that he is gone but we will get through this. I know God would never give me anything I couldnt handle. In July he will be home and we will be a family again. The two weeks he was home was heaven sent and I am so grateful he was able to be home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment